Wednesday, December 29, 2010

All Play & No Work

Since my oldest is out of school for the holiday, it took me to the internet to find things that would entertain he, my 20 month old and myself. I tried to imagine what is fun for an 8 yr old boy.....


So for you parents, babysitters, and grandparents trying to entertain your kids, take a look below. Please note, anything I engage in will be reasonably priced due to the fact we are preparing to purchase a larger vehicle and have our 3rd child!



Top 5 Activites to keep the kids entertained and parents sain during winter break!


1) AMC theatres offers $6.00 movie tickets before 12noon. Yes even newly released movies. ( Yes I can't believe I didn't know about this either!)


2) Under 7 loves Chuckee Cheese, and the older siblings can help win tickets or play the video games to keep entertained until the pizza comes. Be sure to hit the web before going to receive discounts on food and tokens


3) Great Kids Village: They have locations in SilverSpring and Columbia. It's a big open play area for ages 0-10. You can hit up the cafe in the Columbia location as well. There is a charge for children 9mon and older but worth it for your kids to have hours of playtime and you hrs of peace of mind. FYI: They are having an event for parents and children for new years during day the day.


4) I always take to a museum whenever my son is out of school for an extended period of time. It's educational, we can ride the train which the baby loves, and best of all it's FREE! (Just incase you're wondering we're going to the air and space museum, this museum has the IMAX theatre, food court, and hands on activities for the kids)


5) Lastly if you have $30 to spare after being santa for the holiday you can make your way over to the national harbor. This year the harbor has The Grinch on ice. It's a whole ice city that you can walk through with the theme from the Grinch. (This is one I do not want to miss)



So my suggestion is grab $20, pack some snacks, and head out with the kids. Once you get home they'll be too pooped to argue with each other, get into everything, or ask a million questions!

No comments: